Fused Glass Courses
Fabulous Fusion for Fun, One Day £190.00
This is a great introduction to the world of glass fusing. This craft has had resurgence in the last 20 years but has been around for 3000 years. Fused glass plates are usually made by heating two layers of 3mm glass together in the kiln to produce a single piece of strong 6mm glass.
We will discuss the properties of glass and compatibility (the chant of the glass fuser!) We will explore the different effects that can be achieved using glass frits, powders and inclusions of metals. You will be taught how to cut sheet glass, how to assemble the glass and how to fire it to create panels or plates. It’s so satisfying to actually make a useful object that you will keep always. We’ll make some coasters and some decorations. You may want to try your hand at a few pendants!
Combining sheet glass and frits (grains) and powders you will be able to make some beautiful pieces. Your pieces will be fired over the following week and you can collect from the workshop. It’s such a fun class and I know you will love it!
Your day will start at 10:00am and finish at 4.30pm.
No experience necessary, my fused glass course is suitable for beginners and improvers alike.
Here are a few pictures of panels made on my one day fused glass course…
You can find more images by visiting my Pinterest page.
- I teach a maximum of 3 students at a time to allow you the very best tuition however I am happy to take on larger groups of friends. Just contact me here.
- On booking you will be sent all the information you need to attend and payment is required on booking please.
- We have a break for lunch and a chat so please bring some lunch with you.
- Day starts prompt at 9:15am for the leading day and finishes between 5 and 6pm. The fusing day will start at 10am and finish at about 4.30pm
- Half day classes run from 9 am to 1 pm.
- All materials and use of tools is included.
- All work has to be collected from the studio.