Fuse and Lead, Glass Course
Fuse and Lead Course, Two Days £370.00
These very creative two days are designed for improvers but beginners can join too with a bit of advice from me before hand. You will need to make your cutline, the working drawing, before you come so I will advise how to do that for beginners. The piece you make will be around A3 in size. On day one we will finalise our cutline, cut the fusible glass and add detail using frits (glass grains) and powders. We should also have time to cut the stained glass too. The glass will be fired overnight ready for day two. Combining stained glass and fused glass really makes your panels come to life and adds details that you cannot get any other way.
On day two you will lead the panel together, solder and hopefully we will have time for you to cement the panel so you take it home that day. These are some of my favourite courses as it is such a fun way of adding detail to stained glass. The finished panels are exceptional works of glass art.
You can find more images by visiting my Pinterest page.
- I teach a maximum of 3 students at a time to allow you the very best tuition however I am happy to take on larger groups of friends. Just contact me here.
- On booking you will be sent all the information you need to attend and payment is required on booking please.
- We have a break for lunch and a chat so please bring some lunch with you.
- Day starts prompt at 9:15am for the leading day and finishes between 5 and 6pm. The fusing day will start at 10am and finish at about 4.30pm
- Half day classes run from 9 am to 1 pm.
- All materials and use of tools is included.
- All work has to be collected from the studio.